House Clearance in Isle of Dogs E14
At MKL waste we pride ourselves in providing the best house clearance in Bankside SE1 area. If you need a full house clearance or just want a one item to be removed, we are the company to call. Our house clearance service is the most comprehensive on the market. We will tidy up after leaving the property in the state when we arrived. We take all waste to a responsible licensed waste transfer stations to be disposed off properly. Our rate is based on the amount and weight of the items to be cleared against the time taken. We are fully licensed; hold full public liability insurance and registered with the Environment Agency. All our house clearance team are dedicated, experienced and friendly. We assist in the re-use of as many of the items we clear as possible, enabling us to offer a solution to the environmentally friendly. We are delighted to take items to charity shops on behalf of our clients.
About Isle of Dogs E14
A low-lying U-shaped peninsula, Isle of Dogs bounded on three sides by the Thames, it was home to London's main docks and considerable heavy industry in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, when every inch of riverside was filled with factories and works, and is now best known for Canary Wharf, Britain's most densely developed business park.
Canary Wharf Pier - A jetty directly west of the imposing Canary Wharf towers.
Entrance to West India Dock - An inlet leads to what was London's first enclosed dock, built in 1802to protect merchandise from thieves and ensure that traders bringing produce from the Caribbean paid a tariff to the authorities. The area was restored after Second World War bombing and saw a short-lived boom in trade but closed in 1980 after which the site was spectacularly transformed into Canary Wharf.
Cascades, 2 Westferry Road - A cleverly designed housing development built in1987-8 by CZWG Architects, the most striking feature of which is the 45 degree northern slope .
Launch site of the Leviathan I Burrell's Wharf, off Blasker Walk – Isambard Kingdom BruneI's 19,000-ton ship Leviathan - at least four times bigger than any other ship in the world and able to hold 4,000 passengers - was built here between 1853 and 1857 and unsuccessfully launched in November 1857, when the crush caused by the excessive number of people who gathered to watch resulted in one man being killed and the ship getting stuck on its rollers. Another three aborted launches in Isle of Dogs took place and the vessel was not waterborne until the end of January 1858, by which time the owners had gone bankrupt. The ship, which was later renamed The Great Eastern, plied the trade routes between India and Australia and laid telegraphic cables in the Atlantic until 1886,when it came to be used as a showboat for the Lewis's store of Liverpool, being broken up two years later. Some remains of the timber slipway are still in place.
Island Gardens - The gardens, laid out by the Commissioners of the Royal Naval Hospital in Greenwich in the nineteenth century, mark the south-east point of the Isle of Dogs, and it was here that pirates were hanged in chains, often watched by the pensioners of Greenwich Hospital through their spyglasses.
Foot Tunnel dome - A red-brick rotunda marks the northern entrance of the 1217-ft Edwardian foot tunnel that connects the Isle to Greenwich and which until the recent opening of the Docklands Light Railway extension was the only non-marine means of negotiating the Thames between Rotherhithe and Woolwich.
Blue Bridge, south of Coldharbour – Until modern-day transport improvements the bridge, built in 1969 over the inlet to Blackwall Basin, was one of two swing bridges that provided the only communication between the Isle of Dogs and the rest of London.
The Gun, 27 Coldharbour - Named in honour of the ship The Henry Addington, which fired its guns from the river outside, according to legend it is connected by underground passage with No. 3, where Nelson is believed to have stayed in 1799 before leaving to fight in the Battle of Aboukir.
Blackwall Stairs, continuation of Blackwall Way - A major place for embarking on ships crossing the ocean in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, it was where in 1606 nearly 150 men, women and children departed in three ships to found the state of Virginia, the first American colony.