House Clearance in Friern Barnet N11
If you looking for reliable house clearance company that always turns up on the day and on time you do not look further. At MKL waste we pride ourselves in providing the best house clearance services within Friern Barnet N11. If you need a full house clearance or just want a one item to be removed, we are the company to call. Our house clearance service is the most comprehensive on the market. We will tidy up after leaving the property in the state when we arrived. We take all waste to a responsible licensed waste transfer stations to be disposed off properly. Our rate is based on the amount and weight of the items to be cleared against the time taken. We are fully licensed; hold full public liability insurance and registered with the Environment Agency. You can book entire house or flat clearances or just removing single item such as washing machine, furniture. We also clear garages, office spaces or other commercial buildings. If requested, we can also clean the property to help improve its rental chances or its selling appeal on the housing market. All our house clearance team are dedicated, experienced and friendly. We assist in the re-use of as many of the items we clear as possible, enabling us to offer a solution to the environmentally friendly. We are delighted to take items to charity shops on behalf of our clients.
About Friern Barnet N11
Friern Barnet N11 Middlesex. Situated north of MUSWELL HILL, with the GREAT NORTH ROAD to the west and the NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD to the south, it protrudes into Hertfordshire, with EAST BARNET to its north. Originally part of the forest extending throughout MIDDLESEX, the name Barnet derives from the Saxon baernet , a burning, that is, a clearing made by fire in a forest (see also HIGH BARNET, EAST BARNET). In the 12th century it was referred to as South Barnet or Sarnets (without) Barnet, and in the 13th century as Little Barnet. Friern derives from 'Freren', a name it assumed from the 13th century after the parish together with its manor of Friern Barnet N11 or WHETSTONE, had been given by the BISHOP OF LONDON to the Knights of St John of Jerusalem. The small Church of St James on Friern Barnet Lane dates back to the late 12th century (the restored south doorway is probably Norman), and the old manor house was known as the first hospitium or hostel for travelers north from London. At that time Friern Barnet Lane N11 was part of the Great North Road, together with Colney Hatch Lane; and it was not until the 14th century when the BISHOP OF LONDON allowed passage through his hunting park that a more direct road was made between HIGHGATE and WHETSTONE. The hamlets of WHETSTONE in the north-west part of the parish and COLNEY HATCH (hatch possibly meaning gate') in the south-east, existed by the end of the 14th century. At the DISSOLUTION the manor passed to the crown and then to the Dean and Chapter of ST PAUL'S. The manor house no longer existed by 1551 when the Friary House was built and subsequently given by Elizabeth I to Sir Walter Ralegh. From him it passed to the Bacon family, with whom it remained until the 19th century. Elizabeth passed through the village on several occasions on her way from Hatfield to London; in 1553 as Mary's prisoner, and in 1558 in triumph on Mary's death. She is supposed to have stopped to drink at Queen's well to the east of the church. The extensive wood land of the parish was used by the Queen for hunting. In the 16th century more than 450 acres (about one-third of the parish) were still wooded and the village consisted only of the Church, manor house (known also as the Friary), and two farmhouses. Until the mid-19th century Friern Barnet N11 remained essentially rural, and the Lawrence Campe almshouses built in 1612 are the only buildings to survive that can be said to antedate 1850. They were repaired and restored in the 19th century; St James's was rebuilt and enlarged in 1853. By this date most of the woodland had been cleared and the building of residential areas had begun along new roads such as Friary and Torrington Roads. Ten acres of Hollick Wood were cleared for the Colney Hatch Asylum (see FRIERN HOSPITAL). In 1851 the Great Northern Railway opened COLNEY HATCH station (renamed New Southgate and Friern Barnet in 1923), and during the second half of the century the population of Friern Barnet N11 increased from about 450 to 4,000, mainly in the area around Colney Hatch. The railway allowed people to live out - side London and commute into town to work, and the hospital brought people in to the area as inmates and staff. In 1892 J. Loughborough Pearson built St John's Church near the hospital on the south side of Friern Barnet Road to serve as a chapel of ease to St James's. It was dedicated in 1911.