At MKL waste we pride ourselves in providing the best house clearance in Southgate N14 area. If you need a full house clearance or just want a one item to be removed, we are the company to call. Our house clearance service is the most comprehensive on the market. We will tidy up after leaving the property in the state when we arrived. We take all waste to a responsible licensed waste transfer stations to be disposed off properly. Our rate is based on the amount and weight of the items to be cleared against the time taken. We are fully licensed; hold full public liability insurance and registered with the Environment Agency. All our house clearance team are dedicated, experienced and friendly. We assist in the re-use of as many of the items we clear as possible, enabling us to offer a solution to the environmentally friendly. We are delighted to take items to charity shops on behalf of our clients.
Before 1881 Southgate N14 formed part of Edmonton parish. It occupies high ground overlooking the Lea Valley on the east and Barnet Valley on the west. Southgate N14 was formerly heavily wooded and in the 16th century the coppices were exploited for timber, firewood, charcoal and bark (used by tanners). Scraps of the former coppices remain in Groveland Park. The Southgate area was thinly populated with scattered settlements such as Bowes, Palmers Green, Winchmore Hill, Southgate and Colney Hatch. The area had a substantial number of large country houses of which Broomfield, Groveland and Arnos Grove remain. Lord Lawrence, later Viceroy of India, lived at Southgate House (now Minchenden School) in 1861-4. The Great Northern Railway, arrived in Southgate in 1871 and development began. The first area to be built up was Bowes Park, on the Wood Green border, in the late 1890s. It was followed early in the 20th century by extensive developments in Palmers Green and Winchmore Hill. The opening of the Piccadilly Line extension in 1933 produced housing developments along the hitherto rural western side of the district from New Southgate to Cockfosters. The N14 area was virtually fully developed by 1939; the population reached a peak of 73,000 in 1951. In 1965 Southgate joined with Enfield and Edmonton forming the London Borough of Enfield.