At MKLWaste we pride ourselves in providing the best house clearance in Canonbury N1 area. If you need a full house clearance or just want a one item to be removed, we are the company to call. Our house clearance service is the most comprehensive on the market. We will tidy up after leaving the property in the state when we arrived. We take all waste to a responsible licensed waste transfer stations to be disposed off properly. Our rate is based on the amount and weight of the items to be cleared against the time taken. We are fully licensed; hold full public liability insurance and registered with the Environment Agency. House Clearance Rubbish Removal Canonbury N1 All our house clearance team are dedicated, experienced and friendly. We assist in the re-use of as many of the items we clear as possible, enabling us to offer a solution to the environmentally friendly. We are delighted to take items to charity shops on behalf of our clients.
Canonbury – The best-preserved and most picturesque suburb in inner London, Canonbury is built on land which took the name of Canon’s Burgh after coming into the possession of the Canons of St Bartholomew in the thirteenth century and became more popular when Hugh Myddelton’s New River, bringing water from Hertfordshire to the City, was cut through local fields in the early seventeenth century. A residential estate for the wealthy middle class in the nineteenth century, it became shabby in the early twentieth century. House Clearance Rubbish Removal Canonbury N1, But the destruction wrought to similar suburbs such as Kennington and North Kensington during the Second World War, and the subsequent decline of districts such as Bayswater and Lisson Green, gave Canonbury, with its homogenous early-nineteenth-century appearance, fresh appeal, and the opening of the Victoria Line in the early 1970S made it a sought-after address. Canonbury occupies the triangle bounded by Upper Street, St Paul’s Road and Essex Road. Canonbury Place – A narrow lane in two sections at the centre of Canonbury village, which is home to the ancient Canonbury Tower, it was developed in the 1770S when the Marquess of Northampton leased the land to a local stockbroker, John Dawes. Weedon Grossmith, co-author of The Diary of a Nobody, moved into No. 5, The Old House, in 1891. Basil Spence, architect of the postwar Coventry Cathedral, moved to No. 1 in 1956. Canonbury Tower The oldest building not only in Canonbury but also in Islington, Canonbury Tower has Roman origins but the structure in its present guise, with its unusual tower, is from the early sixteenth century when William Bolton, Prior of St Bartholomew (now St Bartholomew’s Hospital. House Clearance Rubbish Removal Canonbury N1, The property passed to the Crown on the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539 and in 1616 it became home to Sir Francis Bacon, essayist, Lord Chancellor and Keeper of the Great Seal of England, who, according to a mid seventeenth century inscription on the wall in the top room, may have had a legitimate claim to the throne. By the eighteenth century Canonbury Tower was a lodging house, its most illustrious tenant of the period being the novelist and dramatist Oliver Goldsmith, who came here from 1762 to 1764 when hiding from his creditors. On 26 June 1763 Goldsmith was visited by the biographer James Boswell, who recorded how he ‘walked out to Islington to Canonbury House, a curious old monastic building now let out in lodgings?. In 1770 John Dawes demolished the buildings to the south of the tower and built what is now Canonbury Place, and fifty years later Washington Irving, the American author of Rip Van Winkle moved into Goldsmith’s former room in the tower, leaving after a few days ‘stunned with shouts and noises from the cricket ground nearby’. House Clearance Rubbish Removal Canonbury N1, Irving was also irked by the behaviour of his landlady who during his short tenure brought several guests to his door and allowed them to peer through the keyhole at him. From 1952 to 2003 the building was home to various theatre companies including the Tower Theatre. Canonbury Square – The area’s most prestigious address, lined with tall brick houses set around a pleasant ruled-off green space, was designed in 1807 by Henry Leroux, the Huguenot architect also responsible for the nearby Compton Terrace and Union Chapel, which towers over Highbury Corner.