MKL Waste has been carrying out house/flat clearance in Farringdon EC1 area for many years. We specialize in house clearance of large or small, cluttered or just refurbished properties. Our experienced and friendly staff will make the whole process of clearance as easy as it is possible, even if you are abroad or contacting us from other city. We provide our own tippers to remove unwanted items after house clearance. Our aim is to assist you fully by taking care of the entire job from start to finish. MKL Waste is a professional and environmentally responsible solution for businesses and individuals to get rid of their rubbish and junk quickly and easily. We specialise in house clearance in London area. If you live or work in EC1 contact us on 0208 341 2789 or email us at email@example.com.
Farringdon – The area south of Clerkenwell Road is dominated by the railway lines around Farringdon station and the buildings of Charterhouse, the former monastery and public school. Charterhouse Square, Farringdon The most dramatic looking of London squares, thanks to its curious five-sided design, the buildings of Charterhouse in Farringdon and a collection of properties dating from the last four centuries. Cowcross Street, Farringdon Cattle en route to Smithfield market crossed the River Fleet at this point until 1855 when the market stopped using live animals. Eight years later Farringdon Street station (now Farringdon) opened here. North side: Farringdon Road to St John Street Farringdon station Opened with brass bands and a banquet on 9 January 1863 as Farringdon Street, the eastern terminus of the Metropolitan Railway, the world’s first underground line, was chosen because of the proximity of Smithfield market, with the western terminus at Praed Street (now Paddington). The line had been first planned in the 1840S as an attempt to solve the growing traffic problems in the capital, where the population had doubled since the start of the century and the intention was for it to link the three London railway termini of Paddington, Euston and King’s Cross (St Pancras not then having been built). St John?s Lane, Farringdon A road of great antiquity, it still contains much period charm, largely on account of the presence of the medieval St John’s Gate at its northern end. St John’s Gate, north end, Farringdon A gatehouse of Kentish ragstone, built in 1504, and one of the oldest structures in London, it was originally part of the Priory of St John of Jerusalem, which was sacked during the dissolution of the monasteries in the 1530S. In the sixteenth century it was adapted for commercial use and later incorporated a tavern run by Richard Hogarth, father of the eighteenth-century artist William, in which patrons had to speak in Latin, but which unsurprisingly flopped. It was also home of the Gentleman’s Magazine, one of whose staff in the 1730S was Dr Johnson. The St John Ambulance Brigade was founded here in 1877. The gatehouse is home to the British Order of St John and contains a museum and library relating to the history of the Order.