MKL Londyn Waste

Enquiry NowEnquire Now

Enquire Now open close





Services

Skip HireConstruction WasteCommercial WasteHouse ClearanceGarden ClearanceOffice ClearanceOffice RecyclingPaper RecyclingSecure ShreddingCardboard RecyclingScrap Metal RecyclingPlastic Recycling

House Clearance in Belgravia SW1

If you looking for reliable house clearance company that always turns up on the day and on time you do not look further. At MKL waste we pride ourselves in providing the best house clearance services within SW1 area. If you need a full house clearance or just want a one item to be removed, we are the company to call. Our house clearance in Belgravia SW1 service is the most comprehensive on the market. We will tidy up after leaving the property in the state when we arrived. We take all waste to a responsible licensed waste transfer stations to be disposed off properly. Our rate is based on the amount and weight of the items to be cleared against the time taken. We are fully licensed; hold full public liability insurance and registered with the Environment Agency. You can book entire house or flat clearances or just removing single item such as washing machine, furniture . We also clear garages, office spaces or other commercial buildings. If requested, we can also clean the property to help improve its rental chances or its selling appeal on the housing market.All our house clearance team are dedicated, experienced and friendly. We assist in the re-use of as many of the items we clear as possible, enabling us to offer a solution to the environmentally friendly. We are delighted to take items to charity shops on behalf of our clients.

About Belgravia SW1

Belgravia SW1 Takes its name from Belgrave on the northern outskirts of Leicester, once a small village where the owners of the land, the Grosvenor family, had an estate (see GROSVENOR ESTATE). In medieval times, when it was known as the Five Fields because it was intersected by footpaths cutting it into five, it was a flat, treeless area where sheep and donkeys were put out to graze. Watercress grew by the banks of the WESTBOURNE which meandered through it and which was crossed by a wooden bridge known as Bloody Bridge, perhaps because of the number of violent robberies committed there. Belgravia SW1 remained a haunt of foot pads and highwaymen until well on into the 18th century; and it was never safe to cross the fields at night. In 1728 a gentleman was found murdered with one side of his face and five fingers cut off. And in 1749 a muffin man was blinded and robbed. Since it was fairly remote from London, duels also often took place here. In the daytime, however, Belgravia SW1 was a pleasant enough locality. Swift, walking through the fields to London in 1711, saw haymakers at work and wrote of the sweet smell of the ‘flowery meads’. Later there were market gardens where asparagus and other succulent vegetables were grown. On holidays Londoners came out to shoot duck and to watch bull baiting and cock fighting

In 1726, after George III moved to BUCKINGHAM HOUSE, a row of ‘fair houses’ was built in what is now GROSVENOR PLACE on the east side of the fields . Twenty years later the Lock Hospital for Women was built nearby. On the northern edge of the fields there were barracks and Richard Tattersall’s salerooms (see TATTERSALL’S). But otherwise there was no building worth speaking of until the 1820s when Lord Grosvenor came to an agreement for developing the estate with Thomas Cubitt, the Norfolk-born son of a carpenter, a highly successful entrepreneur, described by The Builder in an obituary as ‘a great builder and a good man’. Over the next thirty-odd years Belgravia SW1 was built as a stuccoed rival to MAYFAIR for the well-to-do, with BELGRAVE SQUARE as its centrepiece. It was fashionable from the beginning, though Disraeli did not like it. He considered it ‘as monotonous as Marylebone, and so contrived as to be at the same time insipid and tawdry’. Belgravia is still largely residential, still fashionable and still expensive.

top